Sunday, August 17, 2014

July 28, 2014

The call when I found out
that I was training...
Well, I never thought I would see the day, but I didn't get an email from Dad this week.  I don't know what is up with him, but that was kind of sad.  I know I've been out a year, but you guys cant forget about me! 

Things sound crazy back home.  But, I guess I cant really say "home" considering as how none of you are in the same state right now.  Taryn is going to Oregon?  Troy is going skydiving?  Mom's stuck in a hotel after touring New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine, and who knows what dad is doing.  Probably petting Sparky and watching a SyFy movie…ha-ha!

Last Sunday picture with Aiyana and Anna
Well, my entire mission got flipped upside down this week.  On Friday, I got a call from President, and he asked me to train!  So I am going to be training in Münster this next transfer.   Elder Rock is going to be training too.  So we are going to have two little goldens here in Münster.  Its going to be great.  It's going to be a massive change though.  I have never been with a companion younger than me, and now I am training.  And this area is going to be very different too.  Elder Ockey finishes his mission this week, and Sister Busath is getting ghosted to Wiesbaden for her last three weeks.  Elder Ockey has been here for a year and Sister Busath for 8 months.  So this area will be completely different.  But it will be good.  Things need to change and it will be really refreshing to get some new blood here.  I am going to miss them both a lot though. 

Our weekly street display
This week was pretty busy.  We had two street displays, and they were pretty successful.  We officially have no more German Books of Mormon.  We handed them all out, between us and the Elders, and gave out a ton of DVDs too.  One of the ladies that we talked to even came to church on Sunday…something that has never happened from a street display before to me.  She agreed that the basic truth had been lost, and she was curious to see what our church was like.  She told us that she liked it, and said that if she came next week again, then we could make out an appointment to meet.  So I am praying she decides to come back again.

Our Georgian feast...
We had a huge party at the Toidze's house this week.  That is our investigator family, Anna’s family.  It was a goodbye for Elder Ockey and Sister Busath.  I was fed a ton of Georgian food, and they sang Russian songs, and it was just crazy.  There were so many people there.  But at the end, we watched Because of Him, and went down the line of missionaries, and all just bore testimony of why Christ was so important to us.  The spirit came in as soon as that video started playing, and just got stronger and stronger as we all just bore solid testimony.  Then Anna bore her testimony, and it was just great.  Really great. 

We found a use for all of that scrapbooking
tape you sent me, Mom. It is now on all of
our districts phones, ha-ha.
We also had a really good lesson with Kai this week.  Anna came and taught with us, and brought Aiyana, our 14-year-old investigator, who is a daughter of a member, and together we all taught the Plan of Salvation.  It was a great lesson.  We were able to use our investigator to teach our other investigator, and it benefited them both a lot.  Kai just soaked it all up, and at the end, we asked Aiyanna if she believed it was true and why, and she said that she did, because she just felt a feeling in her stomach saying it was right.  She is going to EFY this week with Anna, and we are super excited, because we think it could be the turning point for her.  She comes to church every week with her mom, but she hasn’t been too interested in finding out if it is true for herself, but I think that this week is exactly what she needs.  I really thing that Aiyana Gionker will be baptized this transfer. 

Anna and Chi An didnt know what tacos
were! How crazy is that. So we threw a
taco night, and ate tacos. Pretty
expensive, but totally worth it.
Good old American food. 
I can't even put Sunday into words.  Our little branch sacrament room was pretty full with people coming for Elder Ockey and Sister Busath's farewell talks.  Anna Lavrentashvili gave her very first talk as a member during sacrament meeting, and that was the coolest thing ever.  Then Elder Ockey and Sister Busath both got up and spoke to the branch.  The spirit was so strong, and you could just feel the love that they had for the branch, and the branch has for them.  There was not a dry eye in the room.  I was in the back translating for an American couple, trying to hold back tears, and even this random tourist couple was crying.  I learned yesterday (well, I have learned this all throughout my mission, but I FELT the truth of it), the definition of missionary work is love.  President Schwartz would always tell us, “People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.”  These people, they know how much we care.  I love this people, and I am so grateful to be able to serve here in Münster.  Sister Busath and Elder Ockey did so much for this branch.  It has doubled in size in this past year, and its because of Love.  We have some big shoes to fill, but I am up for the challenge.  After only one transfer, I feel like this people are my family.  I am excited for this next transfer.  Nervous for sure, but excited.

This reminds me of Troy's
adventures on his Chile mission
Besides that, we had some good lessons with less actives and members, and did a lot of finding.  I freaked out about training, and Sister Busath freaked out about leaving.  Then I found out that I will be getting a mini missionary in addition next week, and I freaked out some more.  That is going to be interesting.  I will probably get a golden that barely knows German, and a mini missionary that barely knows English.  Let the adventure begin!

Oh, I almost forgot.  And I don’t know how.  MICHELLE AMOBI WAS BAPTIZED YESTERDAY.  Michelle got baptized!  I got permission to call Heidelberg yesterday to talk to Michelle after her mission, and I asked her how she felt, and she just said, "I feel really good!" Oh man, I love that girl.  After I hung up the phone, I just got this overwhelming feeling in my heart, telling me "She is safe".  She’s safe.”  That’s what this gospel does to people.  It saves them.  Its saved me, for sure.  Michelle Amobi is baptized.  Cathy is reactivated and happy.  What more could I ask for right now? 

Our District Transfer
I love you all.  Sorry that my letter last week was practically a panic attack.  Which is ironic, because I am freaking out a whole lot more right now.  But it will be good.  This is exactly what I need right now, and I know that the Lord will help me every step of the way.  He is there for me, and he is there for all of you, too. 

I hope that you all have a great week! 


Love you all, Savannah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment