Sunday, May 25, 2014

April 28, 2014



A random hail storm...
“I’m halfway there….living on a prayer!”  I feel like that song describes my life right now.  Last Thursday, I hit my nine-month mark on my mission.  Holy cow, that scares me.  I can’t believe I have been out nine months already.  I really don't know where the time goes...  it just goes!  And now Austin Tyler is married?  What!  I don’t even know what is happening right now.

Well, it has been a good week.  It flew by again (It always does when we have splits).  Time on the mission is so messed up.  There are days that seem like they will never end, and that nothing will go right, and then there are days where everything is so awesome that you feel guilty going home because they went by so quickly.  Somehow, no matter how long or short the days feel, the weeks just fly.  Now it is April and almost May and then before you know it, I will be 20. 

Anyways, our volleyball activity is well underway.  We went over to Jessie’s and made invitations, and now the ward all have invites.  This week, Sister Wrathall and I will be going to the University and inviting the students there.  Hopefully, we can have a good turn out and see some cool things from it. 

Cathy is out of the hospital.  She is doing well.  She came to church again with Michelle yesterday, so that was exciting.  I think we will finally be able to go over this week and start teaching Michelle.  I sure hope so, at least. 

We had an interesting time getting to the district meeting this week.  It was in Karlsruhe, so we boarded the train heading down as usual, but our train ended up getting in late.  We were supposed to get off and get on another train to get down there.  There were probably at least thirty people that had to catch the connection.  We were all sprinting to our next Gleis to make it (which was funny on its own).  Sadly, we missed it.  It drove off as we got there and so we ended up just going to a bakery to drown out our sorrows (that is something I will miss about Germany.  I love their bakeries!).  We arrived there late, and had to leave early to make an appointment, so we had a nice thirty minutes at the district meeting.  Whoops... 

This is Lyndsey and Tyler...we helped
paint baby furniture for the arrival
of a new baby!
My split with Sister Lyons was great.  We got to celebrate our nine-month mark together.  HALF WAY!  I don’t know how that happened.  But it ended up being a really good split.  We got to teach Kristin together, and it went well.  It was really disappointing, because she said that she is not ready to be baptized yet (I just want someone to say YES).   She still wants to learn, and reads in the Book of Mormon every night.  She just doesn’t know that it is true yet.  But we had a really good lesson on who the Godhead is to us.  It was something that we had gone over before, but she still had questions, because she is a strong Catholic, and believes in the Trinity.  We had a good discussion, and the spirit was strong. 

That afternoon, we were supposed to meet with a potential investigator, but it fell out.  Actually, all four of our potential investigator lessons fell through this week...  maybe next week!  We ended up still having a good day though.  We dropped by a recent convert, and she was home.  We had a really good lesson with her.  Then we made phone calls to potentials and set up some appointments for this week, and celebrated our nine-month mark by making one of the Reese’s desserts that you sent me…which was delicious. 

On the way home from our split, something really cool happened.  Sister Lyons was telling me during our split, that their two most solid investigators were both found on the bus, which I found crazy because no matter how many people I talk to, I just haven’t found anyone solid that way.  Well, we got on the bus, and I was just thinking, hmm maybe today.  I heard this group speaking differently.  Three of them ended up getting off, and so I asked the one girl where she was from.  She told me she was from Greece, and we ended up having a really cool talk.  She thought it was so cool that we were missionaries.  We told her what we do, and she said that she wants to meet with us, not this week, but starting next week.  She gave us her number, and as she was getting off, she said, "Oh, can I bring all my friends, too?"  We couldn’t believe it, but we thought it was way cool!  So next week, we will hopefully have a ton of Greek investigators :)

Friday was a sweet day.  As I have said many, many times in my emails, I love our ward.  They are just great, and if you do end up coming out here, you will just LOVE them, and want to move here and stay forever.  Anyways, the Young Women wanted to do a split with Sister Wrathall and I, so of course we said yes.  Sister Wrathall went out with Anna, and I went out with Thelea.  It was great!  We went and taught the Schills, and it was a great appointment.  Her 15 year old daughter, Linda, sat in for the first time, and so we taught about the restoration.  Thelea hit it of with Linda right away, and did an amazing job teaching the first discussion with me.  She is going to be a great missionary.  She knew how to make them feel comfortable, and shared personal experiences and everything.

This is Little Bear...I can't get
enough of him!
After we both met with investigators, we came back together and did another chalking activity.  Our Young Women did great.  I told them if they both handed out a Book of Mormon, we would buy them ice cream (yes, I know, I bribed them), and they both got so into it.  They were just talking to everyone.  I was thoroughly impressed.  Afterward, they were just doing a play by play of everything that they said and that happened.  I couldn’t help but laugh.  I am just glad that they had a good time. 

Saturday ended up being really cool too.  I have never seen our church building so full before.  It was probably because after church we had a lunch in, with a great spread of food.  There were so many people there, including Cathy,  Danielle, and her husband.  Speaking of which, Martin, Danielle’s husband, called up the Elders this week and asked to meet with them, which is something none of us expected.  That was a miracle by itself.  And then, during the luncheon, one of the members came up to us, and asked if she could go out with us later that day.  We ended up going by to visit a less active that she visit teaches.  It went really well.  I love it when members just want to go and help us. 

Transfer calls are this Saturday, which I just can’t believe.  I think a part of my heart would die if I was transferred from Heidelberg.  I just love it so much…everything about it.  By the end of my third transfer in Nürnberg, I was ready for something new, but I am in my third transfer here and I feel like I just got here.  I just feel like there is so much to do here.  I would honestly be fine just staying here forever.  So how about you all just pray that I will stay here, okay?  Thanks. 

I love you all, and hope that you have a great week.  To go along with my thought last week, here is my favorite Mormon message. 



Love, Savannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment