Saturday, June 7, 2014

June 2, 2014


Hi Familie! And Friends..

Troy, I am so glad that you feel like the MCAT went well.  I have been praying for you and it sounds like Heavenly Father heard and definitely helped you.  I'm glad.  I am anxious to see how you did and where you will be going to medical school! Mom, glad that you have had a good week.  Dad, I can completely relate to your week.  Sometimes things are just hard, but I know that they will get better.  It's normal to feel overwhelmed.  But I have learned that we will never be given a task that will be too much for us.  Our Heavenly Father will always be there for us.  Taryn...well don't know what to say about her...that stinker didn’t write me this week. 

Well, it is officially June! 12 days until I am no longer a teenager.  Weird.  Hopefully, I can see some birthday miracles, because that is sure what we need right now! Let's just say, I am glad that is it Monday again.  It’s a new day, a new week, and a new month, so that means a fresh start, right? Miracles galore should be happening this week. 

This is how I look and feel
after a long day on my mission.
As for last week, it was, well, interesting.  Tuesday we had an appointment with the Vogts with the senior couple, the Leonhardts.  The Leonhardts speak no German and the Vogts speak very, very, little English.  Well, Bruder Vogt speaks very little.  Sister Vogt knows absolutely nothing.  So we spent most of the time translating between the two families.  It was pretty comical.  Elder Leonhardt would think that he understood something, and respond, but would be completely off subject.  Sister Leonhardt drank some of this drink, and made a gross face, and then we told her that Sister Vogt said she made it herself, and she got embarrassed...overall, funny.  And they gave us a referral, so that was good.

That night, we went by and stopped to see Danielle.  She hasn't been to church forever, and every time we have called her, no one answered…so we decided to finally go by.  We get there, and her husband let us in and then Danielle came and just started crying.  Life has been hard for her lately.  I know that the spirit definitely told us to go by.  I am still worried about her, but we were able to listen to her and help some of her concerns, and so it was overall good. 

Sometimes I really hate phone calls, so
I do all I can to make them better.
Sometimes, I'm just done. 
Wednesday was also...interesting.  Our appointment fell through again, and then we were had an appointment scheduled with a referral that we got from church headquarters.  She lives out in the middle of NOWHERE, and I have never had so many things go wrong trying to get to an appointment before.  First, we didn’t realize that our train split, and so we got on the wrong one, and ended up missing our connection.  So we had to go back, and by that point, we missed our bus, and so we tried to take another one, thinking it went to her place also.  Well, THE SIGN LIED.  It lied to us.  It went nowhere close to her house.  By this point, we were on a bus, out in the middle to absolutely nowhere (I don’t even know if we were in our mission at this point...), with only a crazy guy on the bus, and the bus driver hitting on my companion and singing American songs to us.  By this point, we called the referral and rescheduled the appointment for another day.  Well, at least one good thing happened.  I felt awkward from the driver staring at us through the mirror, and so I got up and started talking to the only other woman on the bus.  Turns out that she is from Romania, and knew a Mormon there.  She always wondered, but her never talked to her about his religion, so I said we could meet with her and teach her about what we believed.  So I got her phone number and we will be going there on Saturday.  A lot of chaos, but success! 

I find this picture really comical. They are
in a drit right now in Karlsruhe, and just
seeing them walk down the
street makes me laugh. 
Thursday, the elders and us both had nothing, and so we spent the day finding.  We had a street display, and it was actually quite successful.  It was a holiday, so there was a ton of people, and a lot of people stopped.  We had a lot of good conversations, and we found some people that were interested, but of course none of them live in our area, so some other lucky missionaries have some golden referrals now! 

Friday, we met with Schwester Breitenhuber again, and also finally made our way to the referral, Hannah.  Hannah was a disappointment.  We did our usual null lesson, and then asked her if she wanted to learn more, and she said "Überhaupt nicht!' (Absolutely not!)  Awkward....  Well, we don’t have to worry about getting lost in the middle of nowhere again.  Our lesson with Schwester Breitenhuber went really well.  We talked about repentance and forgiveness, and although she didn’t want to admit it, she felt the spirit testifying to her.  She also made us these really nasty salmon sandwiches, with raw salmon on top.  While she was reading a scripture or whatnot, Sister Wrathall and I would stuff the salmon into paper towels and our bags.  After the lesson, I couldn’t find a trashcan, so I went to the bathroom and tried to flush it down the toilet, but it wouldn’t flush! Luckily, I finally got it to work, so no worries. 

A golden in Darmstadt came up here for a
split.  He is hilarious.  He just loved all of
the gelato shops and wanted
to go to all of them.
Saturday, we helped Michelle and Cathy move some more and then taught Michelle.  That night we met with the bishop, and it was great.  I just love that familie. 

Sunday, I heard some of the coolest news that I have heard in a long time.  THE SPANISH GROUP IS BECOMING A BRANCH.  I will be in Germany when our mission gets their first Spanish branch.  I don’t know what it will mean as far as who we work with and how missionary work goes, but we will see.  I am so excited for them.  How cool is that? My little group gets to be their very own branch.  Cool stuff happening.  I had a dream the other night that I was training a Spanish native and we were over the Spanish branch and had just doubled the membership.  Now lets make this a reality...haha. 

Oh, and to answer your question, the next transfer starts June 16, so the new mission president should be coming in sometime around there...don’t know exactly.  I don’t really want to think about the fact that Präs is leaving. 

Well, I hope that you all have a fantastic week! Please pray for me that we will be able to find people to teach.  I feel like we can find people but then they never want to learn more or progress.  So hopefully we can change that this week. 

Love you all! 


Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment