Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 3, 2014

Hallo familie!  I got the package already that you sent off…that was fast!  The peanut butter cookies are already made and almost gone—haha.  Looks like I lucked out this winter.  Our German winter is not even bad this year.  I think I have seen snow maybe twice and it has never stuck.  I was worried for nothing!  My coat is so heavy that most days I am just sweating instead of freezing.  Also, I can't believe the Denver Broncos were destroyed.  Seriously, how is that even possible?

Auf jedenfall, can I just tell you that I had another amazing week.  Seriously.  Sister Petersen and I were planning for today and we had no appointments for tonight.  We were thinking we might just have to do a few visits to touch base with previous investigators and less actives.  Right after that, we realized that we have only had time to do two visits in the past five weeks.  We have been so busy that we don’t even have to fill time!  We did so many tracting vistits in Nürnberg that I lost count.  Missionary work here is just hopping.  The best part is that right after we finished planning, a member called us and invited us for dinner.  It looks like we will be busy again!  Ah, so great!

The beginning of the hike...

So let me start by telling you about the coolest hike we went on last week.  Sister Petersen and I went to hike Philosophenweg.  It didn’t take that long and so we decided to go to the very top of the mountain.  It took a while but it was so worth it.  There was a watchtower that was built around 1000 at the very top.  There were also some walls from 400 b.c.  and a well that was about a thousand years old.  We were able to go to the top of the tower and see the entire city of Heidelberg.  It was so cool.  We are taking the Zone there next week so it will be sweet.  Taryn, I really want to take you on it, so find a way to come and pick me up.  You would love it! 

Another picture of Heidelburg...even the
heavens shine upon Heidelburg!



Continuing on the hike...

Wednesday, we had a FHV activität, which is the relief society.  It was a “Get to Know You” activity, and the whole night just really messed with my brain.  People went around, introduced themselves, and told funny stories.  There were people talking in German, Spanish and English.  They started talking to me and after a while, I had no clue what language to speak in—especially when they started asking me to translate for each other.  Oh man, I am not that good.  That reminds me, the family that handed out the Book of Mormon last week—he came up to me on Sunday and told me that his friend had been reading in the  Book of Mormon and wants to meet with the missionaries.  Sadly, he is not in our area, but it was just cool to see.  He came to church and we were able to meet him. 

A view of Heidelburg part way up the hill...
Thursday was probably one of the coolest days.  We had DDM that morning, and it was really good.  Elder McGinn gave a great lesson.  He gave us all play dough and told us to make something like a fruit, and all of us made something different.  He said how we all have the same task and same goal, but we all have different talents and outlooks of how we can make and accomplish that goal.  We just need to continue molding and working with those talents in order to keep them fresh.

After that, we met with Kristin at the Taylors.  She is so golden.  She really wanted to know why the Restoration is so necessary, and how it can help her.  We talked a lot about the apostasy and how so many things were lost from the original church of Christ—like the authority, the organization, and key information.  Beth Taylor bore a strong testimony of how our Heavenly Father is the same yesterday, today and forever, and how it just makes sense that He would send us a prophet again.  The spirit was really strong. 
Do you remember that girl that I told you about…the one that just walked in to sacrament meeting?  Holy moly, sie ist so bereit.  Seriously, she is so ready.  We had probably the best first lesson I have ever had with her, and one of the JAEs, (Young Single Adults) came and taught with us.  It was just perfect.  Jociena was baptized about three years ago, and she bore powerful testimony of everything.  It was amazing.  Johanna said that if she finds out it is true, she will be baptized.  I can see it happening, definitely, and I so badly want it to, for her sake.  She is really searching for the truth.  She can noticed the difference in her friend, and I can tell that she wants that happiness for herself.  More than that, she needs it.  She needs a place to belong and a place to call her own.  This church can do just that.  We just need to teach her in a way to invite the Spirit and feel Christ's love. 
The church and tower at the top...

Saturday was also great.  I went on a split with Sister Muncy here in Heidelberg.  The Elders and we did a Straßeausstellung.  We went to Hauptstaße, the main street, and drew the Plan of Salvation.  It was only an hour and a half, but we ended up handing out 8 Books of Mormons.  Best part was, I was able to talk to two guys from Mexico and teach them the Plan of Salvation.  Heavenly Father works in amazing ways.  Also, cool fact.  In the last week, our district has handed out 21 Books of Mormons...that is unheard of for our area. 

After the Ausstellung, Sister Muncy and I went to the church to meet a "less active named Cathy".  But really, Carmen and I just planned to surprise Sister Muncy.  She used to serve here, and while she was here, she baptized Carmen.  When she saw Carmen, she just screamed and the two of them just started crying.  It was amazing.  It made me really want to help more people come unto Christ and be baptized so that we could have that joy also. 
Our Street Display....

The longest German word I've ever seen!
There were so many cool things that happened this week, but I will never have time to describe all of the daily miracles that I see happen.  I just know that Christ's hand is in it all.  I love being able to teach these people the gospel of Jesus Christ and to feel His spirit bare witness of the truth to me and to the people that we teach.  This truly is an inspired and amazing work, and I am so blessed to be part of it.  Troy, I have really been studying the characters of Christ too.  It is my goal to finish the gospels before Easter and really study His life.  This week, I just finished Matthew.  One thing that I have really come to learn is that Christ always took the time for the one.  He spent his time with the poor and lonely of heart, because those were the ones that truly needed Him.  He always looked for ways to help those in need, and never passed an opportunity to serve someone else.  That is the key.  Serve others.  Love them.  Help them.  When they feel your love, they will also be able to feel Christ's love.  So many people out there just need to be loved.  They need to feel like there is someone out there that cares about what they need, how they feel, and really need to know that they matter.  It is our responsibility to be the ones to help these people…to do as Christ would and help them know that they really do matter.  We all do, because we are all God’s children, and He loves us all.  No matter what. 


An amazing breakfast feast...yum!

Also, one funny story before I go.  Well it was funny to me, but probably because my sense of humor is so messed up now.  Sister Petersen and I were just dead and joking about doing study in bed.  Well she opened up her bible and read Acts 20:9 and just starting dying laughing.  Just go read it and maybe you will find it funny too. 

Ich liebe euch,
Sister Teeples

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment